Almost a year ago, HiberniaEvros posted a long list of questions that all SME’s should ask their outsourcing and managed services provider, making sure they get a top class service. In case you didn’t get a chance to look at these questions, then you can read the post here.
I think it’s fair to say that these questions are still very much relevant, as more and more organisations are moving to or looking at ways of reducing operational costs. Many organisations are as a result looking at outsourcing parts or all of their operations services; applications and hardware (servers, storage, etc.). Some of the reasons behind outsourcing applications and hardware are primarily focussed on reducing capital investments, but this will often have an impact on staff numbers too.
Once a piece of technology has been ‘removed’ from the premises, then back office staff become redundant – or at least redundant in some of their daily responsibilities. Hopefully these resources can be applied to other parts of the IT organisation. That said, you still need to have staff to monitor and support infrastructure, despite it no longer being on the premises.
Outsourcing is an opportunity to control costs, improve visibility of where your money is going and ensure you get the IT service your business needs.
The revised list of questions, which should be asked in conjunction with the original list of questions, are:
- What do I want to outsource?
- Who is my service delivery manager?
- How can I reach my service delivery manager?
- Do I receive monthly reports and updates?
- Is there a maintenance schedule in place?
- How are the systems monitor?
- What are the SLAs?
- Are they working for your business?
- How is my organisation alerted to changes or outages?
- What if I want to make changes or updates during weekends, will providers support this?
- What are the hidden costs; network connectivity to outsourcing center, engineering costs, shared overhead
- What security is applied to my systems and how is it monitored?
- access rights – who has access?
- client data – how is this secured?
- system changes – when are these happening?
- What are the exit clauses, if I want to change to another provider?
- What if I want to move systems back to my premises and control?
- Do you still need to deal with hardware/software suppliers, or will the outsourcing provider take on this responsibility?
- Will they regularly measure service quality and performance?
HiberniaEvros can assist you with your outsourcing questions and can also provide your organisation with a cost-effective outsourcing solution for your infrastructure.
HiberniaEvros provides a top class outsourcing solution that meets your requirements. We have tailored OmniSource to deliver real benefits to you as openly and transparently as possible.
So, why even consider using HiberniaEvros and OmniSource?
|You now get visibility of the full, true cost of your IT service||You know exactly what your IT service should be delivering||The service is clearly defined from the start – so we (and you) can measure how we are doing||Save a minimum of 20% on IT by only paying for the resources you actually need|
|Accurate IT budget forecasting is now a reality||Regular reporting from us means you know exactly what is being delivered||Service delivered against strictly defined service levels||Cost reduction measured against cost targets set before the service starts|
|Open, transparent pricing means you know the true cost of any changes||You now have the power to address problems with your IT Provision||With continual monitoring of the service, we are always looking for improvements||Avoid the cost of fixing errors and the hidden cost of downtime to your business|
I’ll be releasing a post shortly that outlines the HiberniaEvros outsourcing options in more detail. If you are interested in learning more about our outsourcing model, then please contact us on our central number: 1890 911 211.